Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Australian Book Launch & Tour

As I type the wife is running around the apartment, deciding which of her countless pairs of shoes she won't be packing for the trip back to Australia next week.

We leave Paris mid-next week, endure the world's longest plane flight and arrive back in the homeland just in time to get stuck into the Aussie launch of A Town Like Paris.

The good folk at Hachette Australia (my publishers) have organised a three-city book promo tour - complete with book signings, cocktails and canapés. I'll be variously bunkering down in bookstores or propping up a bar in a city centre near you - it would be great if you were able to pop by and say hello.

The details of my bookstore signings - plus the details of my Sydney launch event - are listed below:

BRISBANE
Monday October 1
Mary Ryan's Bookshop
40 Park Road
Milton
6.15pm
I'll be reading from A Town Like Paris, chatting about life in the City of Light and hanging out with the in-laws (Shay hails from Brizvegas) - please come and join the fun.

SYDNEY
LAUNCH EVENT - Hosted by Angus & Robertson
Wednesday October 3
Pacifica Bar, The Eastern
Oxford St, Bondi Junction
6.30pm
My new best friends at Angus & Robertson are very kindly hosting a cocktail party book launch fiesta. See the Angus & Robertson website (below) for details on the event and how to get yourself on the guest list.
http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/events/index.asp?sState=NSW

MELBOURNE
Thursday October 4
Reader's Feast Bookstore
Midtown Plaza, Cnr Bourke and Swanston Sts
6pm
I'll be reading from the book, signing copies and generally making myself available for anyone who wants to pop by.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi,
I have just read your book. I grabbed it quickly to take away on a work trip without knowing anything about it. I loved it!! It was laugh out loud material. I always love an Aussie living/travelling in Europe story. They are usually formulaic so I know I will usually enjoy it even though it is predicatble. But this book broke that mould, which was great and made it all the more enjoyable.
Thanks for the great read.
Susan