Thursday, June 5, 2008

Start spreading the news .... New York here I come



Mark your diaries people! It's time for the US launch of A Town Like Paris. I am Big Apple-bound.

We're talking an all-singing, all-dancing, full-frontal Aussie assault on Manhattan. There will be Aussie wine, Aussie revellers, a slightly delirious Aussie author (something about that trans-Atlantic flight just knocks me out every time) and - with a bit of luck - a band of indulgent (if bemused) locals.

The recently-opened Idlewild Books on West 19th St has kindly donated its event space for the night. My ever faithful friends at the West Australian winery, Thompson Estate are helping to provide liquid refreshment and the good folk at Random House/Broadway Books (my US publishers) will be ensuring there are plenty of copies of A Town Like Paris on hand for anyone who wants an autographed copy.

In all, it should be quite the fun evening. A taste of Paris in the heart of Manhattan served up by an Aussie. Talk about globalisation.

All of which is to say, if you happen to be in New York on the evening of June 19, you are hereby cordially invited to attend.

To those of you in the States who have been buying and reading my book, and sending through such nice emails, I say a heartfelt thank you. It's always gratifying to receive reader feedback. Especially when it's of the positive variety.

Details for the US launch event:

Thursday 19 June
7pm
Idlewild Books
12 West 19th St (near 5th Ave)
New York, NY

RSVP: events@idlewildbooks.com

I look forward to seeing you there.

No comments: